Keep Your Dealership in the Palm of Your Hand
- Four ways to bring mobility to your dealership.
- 71% of people sleep next to their smartphone.
Mobile technology is changing lives. How do you get your breaking news? How do you take photos? What’s the last thing you do before bed? According to a recent article on The Huffington Post, 71% of people sleep next to their smartphone and 35% claim their phone is the first thing they pick up in the morning.
Since everyone is always connected, it’s important for your dealership to use mobile technology as well. Here are several ways to do that:
- Collect customers’ email address and use it to send them their invoice. They can view it before they arrive, call if they have questions, pay online, pick up their car quickly, and still make it to their child’s hockey game. The email address and card information are securely stored so the next time the customer needs a tune-up, you already have the information you need.
- Simplify how service advisors sell to customers while improving CSI with a proactive and consistent greeting and write-up process. Use a mobile-friendly tool that allows advisors to electronically evaluate the vehicle without leaving the customer. The sales process for advisors then becomes cleaner and more consistent and also grants you access to more tracking via reports.
- Use mobile reporting options. When you’re not at the dealership, business doesn’t stop. Use a reporting tool that gives you access to the information you need to run your business, no matter where you are.
- According to a recent Deloitte study, 79% of consumers are dissatisfied with the appraisal process. By changing your process to include a mobile appraising tool, your used car managers can efficiently and accurately appraise vehicles, as well as view customer and market data right on their phone. Use a tool that is built into your system so the information you enter only needs to be entered once.
Today’s consumers want efficiency and a better experience. Retail-businesses in all industries are offering mobile solutions for their customers. Grocery store apps use shopping lists and send out ads. Utility companies send links via email to view and pay bills online. Movie theaters send out weekly digital coupons along with show times.
Why should your dealership be any different?
Your dealership is successful and running smoothly. That’s a great first step. Now it’s time to forget about today’s success and look to the future.…