The Method Customers Prefer in Service
- 87% of Canadian internet users shop online.
- Customers prefer texts over phone calls.
We all know consumers enjoy using their phones. In fact, love it or hate it, they spend at least three hours a day on their smartphones.1 To attract this audience, many industries have made major changes to enhance brick-and-mortar experiences with mobility. These changes range from allowing customers to buy clothes online, to scheduling grocery pickup, to “checking in” remotely for a haircut, and even confirming a doctor’s appointment with a text message. With these changes comes the expectation of convenience for the consumer. They want to work with your business by interacting with their smartphones.
How do we know?
- The research, Rethink eCommerce by Reprise Digital, a digital marketing agency, found that in the last year 63 per cent of those surveyed used Amazon to discover a new product and 42 per cent of Canadian households hold a Prime membership. The majority of your customer base is shopping online, and many prefer (and will pay more for) the most convenient option.
- A recent survey showed customers across the board preferred receiving texts over a phone call or in-person interaction.
- 87% of Canadian internet users have made an online purchase in the last 12 months, of which 46% made a purchase from their mobile devices. 2
Dealerships aren’t exempt from this. In fact, when customers come to your store for maintenance or major repairs they are comparing your store to every other buying experience they’ve had. Yours not only needs to meet these expectations, but given the price tag on some repairs, you need to exceed them.
How are you providing this experience to customers? Are you making them play phone tag with the advisor during the repair? Do they have to stand in line waiting to pay once their repair is complete? Make sure your dealership stays competitive by investing in communication and payment tools that give your customers a mobile experience that will exceed their expectations (and increase your CSI score). In the end, your dealership will collect payments faster and your customers will continue to come back for service, and potentially their next new car.
2 Canada’s Internet Factbook 2019 by CIRA
We’ve all heard again and again that customers are comparing every transaction to the ultra-convenient experience they get purchasing on Amazon. But when you’re short…
For many service departments, a key focus area in 2023 is prioritizing the customer experience. The customer lifecycle in service is never-ending, but let’s think…
People hate waiting. With overnight shipping, fast food, and quick lube centres, customers expect results in a hurry. Yet, they come to your service department…
Due to supply constraints and high demand, we’ve seen vehicle prices skyrocket over the last two years. And now we are also seeing other segments…